The Effect of School Principals' Emotional Intelligence (EI) on Teachers' Organizational Citizenship Behavior (OCB): A Case Study on the UAE School
- Khalil Shehadeh Al Arabi Department of Postgraduate Professional Diploma in Teaching, Al Ain University, Al Ain, UAE.
- Najeh Rajeh Alsalhi College of Humanities and Sciences, Ajman University, Ajman, UAE. Humanities and Social Sciences Research Center (HSSRC), Ajman University, Ajman, UAE. Deanship of Research & Graduate Studies (DRGS), Ajman University, Ajman, UAE.
- Abdellateef Abdelhafez Al Qawasmi Department of Postgraduate Professional Diploma in Teaching, Al Ain University, Al Ain, UAE.
- Nagaletchimee Annamalai School of Distance Education, Unviersiti Sains Malaysia, 11800 Penang, Malaysia.
- Sami Al-Qatawneh College of Arts, Humanities, and social Sciences, University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE.
School Principals, Emotional Intelligence, Organizational Citizenship Behavior, Teachers..
The interaction between instructors and school administration can boost academic success. Principals of all schools are obligated to promote the effectiveness of their teachers. This study intends to investigate the impact of school principals' emotional intelligence (EI) on their teachers' organizational citizenship behavior (OCB) in United Arab Emirates (UAE) schools. Principals, former and current principals, and 53 teachers from X School in the UAE participated in the study, which employed a quantitative descriptive methodology. Using Smart PLS 3.0 software, study data were analyzed. A questionnaire with a Likert scale was utilized to collect data from respondents. Findings suggested that school principals with a high level of EI enhance teachers' commitment to their profession and increase their OCB. They require specific ethical qualities such as vision, character, values, autonomy, and perseverance. In addition, they should treat each teacher based on their abilities, predispositions, and skills. The research has both theoretical and applied implications for enhancing the performance of UAE school teachers.