Examining the Impacts of ChatGPT on Student Motivation and Engagement
- Sonia Alejandrina Sotelo Muñoz Universidad Privada del Norte
- Giovanna Gutiérrez Gayoso Universidad Andina del Cusco
- Alberto Caceres Huambo Universidad Nacional de San Agustín
- Rogelio Domingo Cahuana Tapia Universidad Nacional José María Arguedas - UNAJMA
- Jorge Layme Incaluque Universidad Católica de Santa María
- Oscar Eduardo Pongo Aguila Universidad Nacional Federico Villarreal
- Juan Cielo Ramírez Cajamarca Universidad Nacional José María Arguedas de Andahuaylas UNAJMA.
- Jesus Enrique Reyes Acevedo Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Alto Amazonas
- Herbert Victor Huaranga Rivera Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Alto Amazonas
- José Luis Arias-Gonzáles University of British Columbia
ChatGPT, Students, Education System, Motivation, Engagement, Perception ,
This study aimed to investigate the effects of ChatGPT on student motivation and engagement. The study had two primary objectives: to determine teachers' and students' perceptions of how ChatGPT motivates students' learning process and whether there is a significant correlation between teachers' and students' perceptions of using ChatGPT in the learning process. The information was gathered via a survey of 350 students and instructors. The data were analyzed statistically using ANOVA and post hoc multiple comparison tests. Students listening skills (p = 0.006) and interest in learning (p = 0.00078103) were significantly correlated with the teacher's experience level. In addition, the results demonstrated that ChatGPT substantially impacted student motivation and engagement. Highly experienced instructors significantly impacted student motivation in listening skills (p = 0.006) and learning interest (p = 0.001). The research indicates that ChatGPT helps increase student motivation and engagement in the learning process. Therefore, policymakers should promote the incorporation of ChatGPT into the educational system to improve student learning outcomes.