AI Tools' Impact on Student Performance: Focusing on Student Motivation & Engagement in Iraq
- Haady Abdilnibi Altememy college of Islamic Sciences/ The Islamic university in Najaf, Iraq
- Nour Raheem Neamah Al-Manara College for Medical Sciences, Amarah, Iraq
- Rabaa Mazhair College of education/ Al-Farahidi University/Iraq
- Nada Sami Naser Department of Arabic Language, College of Education, Sawa University, Almuthana, Iraq
- Ali Afrawi Fahad Department of Media/ Mazaya University College\ Iraq
- Nazar Abdulghffar al-sammarraie College of Arts, Department of Media/ Al-Esraa University, Baghdad/ Iraq
- Hidab Rasul Sharif College of technical engineering/ National University of Science and Technology, Dhi Qar, Iraq
- Mohamed Amer Alseidi Al-Hadi University College, Baghdad 10011, Iraq
- Mohammed Yousif Oudah Al- Muttar Scientific Research Center, Al-Ayen University, Thi-Qar, Iraq
AI tools, student engagement, student motivation, student performance.
The students are the upcoming future drivers of the economy and the nation, and their academic performance plays a significant role in their practical field. In this dimension, this study has aimed to investigate the role of up-growing AI tools on students’ academic performance in Iraq and has also evaluated the mediation role of student motivation and student engagement in the relationship between AI tools and students’ performance. This study has adopted a quantitative approach and has collected data from 312 university students enrolled in different universities in Iraq. The analysis software which the researcher has used for data analysis and a hierarchal regression model was applied for the hypotheses testing. The analysis has shown the significant impact of all the addressed variables on the student’s performance. This study has highlighted sufficient knowledge for the practitioners and researchers as well as the limitations of this study for conducting future research.