Risk Management and Financial Performance of Insurance Companies in Jordan
- Mohammad Salameh Almasarweh Department of Business Administration, The University of Jordan, Faculty of Business
- Osama Mohammad Al-Rawashdeh Hotel Management & Tourism Science Department Al-Balqa Applied University, Aqaba University College
- S.AL Wadi Department of Finance, The University of Faculty of Business, Jordan
- Mahmoud Barakat Alnawaiseh Department of Business, The University of Jordan, School of Business
- Firas Al-Rawashdeh Department of Finance, The University of Faculty of Business, Jordan
Financial performance, Insurance companies, Risk management ,
This study investigates the effect of risk management methods employed by Jordanian insurance firms on their financial performance. We employed an empirical study design. The study sample comprises twenty insurance companies registered in Jordan. The research utilized both published reports and financial documents maintained by IRA for seven years. Using SPSS, the quantitative data was evaluated. The mean, standard deviation (SD), and variance analysis evaluated the data. According to the report, most Jordanian insurance businesses have embraced risk management methods that have a significant impact on their financial performance. In addition, it was discovered that the adoption of risk management strategies correlates positively with financial performance. The study suggests that insurance companies in Jordan adopt alternative risk management approaches to derive higher benefits from their risk management initiatives.